A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By samehhady
Ribeiro Santos wrote:Hi,

What about using a capacitive sensor, like this example in SMING?

That way you may use rgb leds and allow any colors as you which :) and, of course, at a low price.

I've thought of it, but to use capacitive sensors I will need way more advanced enclosure to be able to mount everything properly, I went the easy way honestly atleast for the first version :D

Thx for ur comment :)
By samehhady
sanjat wrote:Hi samehhady,

Nice work.

Well, what I can understand from the work that you have did is to control your home appliances.

If am right, than, I have these two questions
1) Are you controlling the home appliances with both the mechanical switch as well as through the GPIO of the ESP?
2) What about the Safety mechanism if suppose you are controlling any of your home appliance that is either UL or VDE certified?

We are also planning to have a product like this but stuck at a place where we don't know about the consequences when a home appliance gets malfunctioned and the service engineer from the particular company proves that it was due to ESP as it wasn't a recommended device.

Any body can make me understand or clear the point.

Thanks to all in advance.

With Regards
Sanjat

Hey Sanjat,

Thank you for passing by.

Well for your first question yes I can control the lights with both switch and gpio ( 2 way ).
For the second question to be honest I didn't look much into it as I was only working on a POC for the idea.

I will be working on securing the board on the next version which gonna be a big update.

Thanks again :)
By juanpintom
#25980 Very good project! :) I working on a ESP based device too, it will be integrated on a 3d printed box and works with Souliss Home Automation Framework, I've integrated now multiple sensors and input/outputs, maybe you will be interested on Souliss project, I suggest you to take a look on it :P

Regards.