A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Tigran
#56531 Hello guys,

So basically my idea is to use the ESP8266 to act as a Wifi access point and broadcast all telemetry generated by the quadcopter's control loop which is running in Arduino Zero.

The quadcopter's control loop is running at 200Hz and generates about 200 bytes of data each 5 ms. This is more or less 313 kbps. The problem I have is if I use the Serial1.println function to send 200 bytes of data through serial (Rx, Tx) connection TX commands, it takes a lot of time (about 170ms), which is obviously making it impossible to run at 200Hz (required for quadcopter's stability). Moreover the AT command used to send data to UDP port (AT+CIPSENDEX) has timing limitations which makes it imposible to send that amount of data.

Does someone have an idea how to get higher communication speed between the Arduino Zero and the ESP8266?

Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.