A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By andrew500w
ProfePaco wrote:This is an interesting project.

However, I think we should consider also the use of a camera directly attached to ESP8266. There is no need of a processor, and no need to understand a traffic protocol.

Hi ProfePaco,

This is a possibility but the cameras although they have a USB conector this one is enabled only to copy images, to edit them, etc. and it is not possible to use in a different way, I don't see how we can connect the ESP8266 to the cameras.

Give a look for example to the instructions manual of the camcorder Panasonic HC-X920:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camcorder/om/hc ... _en_om.pdf
By ProfePaco
andrew500w wrote:
ProfePaco wrote:This is an interesting project.

However, I think we should consider also the use of a camera directly attached to ESP8266. There is no need of a processor, and no need to understand a traffic protocol.

Hi ProfePaco,

This is a possibility but the cameras although they have a USB conector this one is enabled only to copy images, to edit them, etc. and it is not possible to use in a different way, I don't see how we can connect the ESP8266 to the cameras.

Give a look for example to the instructions manual of the camcorder Panasonic HC-X920:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camcorder/om/hc ... _en_om.pdf

I was talking a camera like this one:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=398
By andrew500w
ProfePaco wrote:Image

Yes, I understand, but the idea of the project is to make a wifi remote control that does the same that it is possible to do with a smartphone because there are many cases in which it is not possible to use a smatrphone, as for example when a camera gets into an underwater housing.

Basically the idea of the project is to use the wifi remote control in the cameras that already exist and not to make a new camera.