A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By QuieCurrent
#93711 I had this problem in my head for a while now and finally made a USB C based programming adaptor for the ESP12 and similar ESP8266 based boards.

The USB ESP12 programmer can flash ESP12 modules in circuit without having to desolder them first. It features 16 pointy pogo pins to be directly pressed onto the ESP.

You can connect a USB cable (not included) to it and use Arduino IDE, PlatformIO or others to upload code. It features a RESET circuit similar to nodeMCU so you can upload without having to press a button. IO0 and RESET are still routed to buttons, so the ESP can quickly be reset or put into programming mode manually if needed.

The USB to serial converter is an CH340, which works natively in the Arduino IDE on Windows, Mac and Linux. The four needed pins (3V3, Rx, Tx, GND) are broken out and labeled in case you want to use it for something else. Rx and Tx have LEDs on the CH340 for quick feedback, there is also a power LED and a LED for IO0.

It can also flash ESP07, ESP12, ESP12E, ESP12F and most certainly all others that have the same pinout and spacing.

The board has all ESP12 pins as pogo pins to be easily connected with the standard 2.54mm (0.1in) headers. Those are not supplied by default, but can easily be added. It has an 3.3V regulator on board which can directly supply the ESP.

10k pull up resistors on RST and GPIO2, pull down on EN and GPIO15. For quick diagnosis GPIO0 has a LED and a button (FLASH). RST also has a button for easy programming. The buttons are only needed when you're not using the micro USB connector.

https://www.tindie.com/products/petl/us ... pogo-pins/

If you have any questions, just shoot me a message!