A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Mike Bedford
#15336 Hello all! So, I am brand new to this device and here is what I am wanting to try to acheive with it. I would like to set it to be an AP and a client. I am going to use it with an Arduino and allow the Arduino to datalog to my website some sensor data. I have all of that figured out. However, to do that, I obviously need to connect the ESP8266 to my wifi network as a client so it can access my webpage API. I can find examples to get me through that.

What I want to do though is have the ESP8266 also server as an AP that a client can connect to and get a webpage served. This will then allow you to setup the wifi connection via the webpage/AP from the ESP8266. For example, if anybody is familar with Chromecast, when you get a new chromecast, it is an AP that you can find on your network and connect to first so you can access it and then configure it to connect to your network. This will make it easy for an end user to connect to a wifi network using a web based configuration that is served by the AP/ESP8266. For example, you want to connect to a new network, simply connect to the known AP SSID that is served from the ESP8266 so you know how to access it anytime and then view the webpage which will allow you to then see/edit the wifi settings, see list of networks, connect to network, etc...

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mike