A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By samehhady
#19366 Hey guys,

Wanted to share with you my progress in my home automation project.

What I am working on is a complete home automation system that will consist of :

- Wall Switch Mojo ( Replace your light switch )
- Socket Mojo ( Control any socket )
- Mojo Controller ( Replace all your remote controls with this universal one )
- Mojo Remote ( Small remote with OLED screen to control all devices instead of using mobile )

All these devices will be connected directly to a cloud server, they can be controlled from anywhere in the world using web sockets or you can still fallback to local control.

I am nearly done with the first prototype which is the "Wall Switch Mojo" mainly it is a light switch that can be controlled by your mobile, tablet or PC. You can control the lights from the mobile or from the switch itself ( 2 way communication )

3D printed package for the wall switch

Terminal blocks for 220v power connection

First 3D print making sure the dimensions are right

The main PCB with 220v power converter, ESP-07 & triacs

Attaching the custom buttons from China that will turn its color red when the lights are off

The lights turn green if on

Manufacturing Acrylic face for the wall light switch

Acrylic face for the wall light switch

You can watch it in action on my facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/mojifi/videos/ ... =2&theater

Next step is working on the mobile application for Android as a start.

Would love to hear your comments and feedback so far, I've really done my best to make it as clean as possible.

I am kinda working alone and would love to get some help for sure, So if you are interested to step in please msg me.

You can follow the project updates here or on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mojifi
By Mikejstb
#19388 That's really a beautiful design!
Those buttons with the circle LED lights are really nice.
Do you do your own 3D printing?
If so what printer are you using?
By samehhady
Ribeiro Santos wrote:++1! Nice work! Will follow your progress!

I'm beginning a similar project to control my electric curtains .
(Can you remove the screws?? :D)

Thank you Ribeiro Santos! I do want to remove these ugly screws or at-least hide them somehow!
Problem is I need them to connect the switch to the wall box and in order to remove or hide them I will need some sort of extra layer that would go over it while keeping the design looks nice.

Thank you for suggestion.