A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By pali52
#45068 Well, I'm sad and not sad. I got a good enough quality sound by PWM, but I can not get i2s. I made an I2S DAC with PCM1510 which works very good with Raspberry Pi, but it does not work with ESP. I tried with ESP12, ESP7, but the problem is the same: good sound with PWM, nothing with I2S.
I think, I make wrong something in the playerconfig.h file, but I tried a lot of variations.
Is there anybody who can tell, what should I do?
By Ovaltineo
pali52 wrote:Well, I'm sad and not sad. I got a good enough quality sound by PWM, but I can not get i2s. I made an I2S DAC with PCM1510 which works very good with Raspberry Pi, but it does not work with ESP. I tried with ESP12, ESP7, but the problem is the same: good sound with PWM, nothing with I2S.
I think, I make wrong something in the playerconfig.h file, but I tried a lot of variations.
Is there anybody who can tell, what should I do?

I had the same problem with PCM5102. The fix is easy :D :D :D - delete or comment out the following in playerconfig.h:
Code: Select all#define ALLOW_VARY_SAMPLE_BITS

The ES9023 allows variable bit lengths (e.g. 17 bits), whereas other DACs only support 16,24, and 32 bits.