A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Michaelo
#24830 Project updates
  • Switched to Arduino IDE for all development with the ESP8266 devices...
  • Started work on the ESP8266 Home Automation Web Application (proof of concept)...
Home Automation Web Application
Image Full size: http://www.phpbbireland.com/kiss2/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=1277

In the above image we are displaying the last received signal from one of the ESP8266 sensors (basically I'm just testing the code and everything appears to be working perfectly).

in the final version, I plan to incorporate some type of floor plan (image or sketch) where each sensor is shown in its real location. Clicking on one of the sensors will allow the system to communicate with that sensor in order to modify its settings or display information about it...

Basic outline of the Web App
  • Designed to run on local server (can also run as normal hosted site)...
  • WiFi based...
  • As many sensors as required...
  • Uses Ajax to update page...
  • Requires; Apache, MySql and php (WAMP) ...
  • OS independent & OpenSource...
  • It should be fairly user friendly as I expect people will want to modify it to suit...

Aiming for something like this for final design:
The floorplan image was created using Xara but any graphics image would do... The icons are just examples I had lying about...

The main sensors are piezo based (inertia) for low cost and pretty good sensitivity... power is supplied by one lithium polymer rechargeable ~3.3 volt battery... mounting is by way of double sided sticky tape and of course no wires unless you want to cable them in place which is an option worth exploring... I'm looking into recharge methods...
By Arthur Vasilyev
#27317 Guys, I need your help. There is a microcircuit with ESP8266, when it gets "200" value the light turns on and microcircuit send a "100" value. I need to write an Android app which will send a byte value to it and will get an answer. I already connected to this WI-Fi module. Programming lang is Java.