A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Cicero
#45047 Hi all,

I've just done the initial release of integrating the ENC28J60 with the ESP8266.

For now as a start, I've integrated it into Sprites HTTPD project, so it can serve your web pages other Ethernet or wifi. I definitely think its handy being able to support both a wireless and wired connection for only a few dollars more!

I'd welcome questions and contributions to try make it as solid as possible, but for now its a start and I hope it helps with your projects.

See here for code and info:
https://github.com/Cicero-MF/esp_enc28j60
Last edited by Cicero on Mon May 23, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By rudi
#46415 Gut gemacht Cicero!
werde deinem projekt eine chance geben und es einmal versuchen.
wie sieht es aus, arbeitest du weiter daran?
was muss verbessert oder noch gemacht werden?
danke!

well done Cicero!
will try your project and give it a chance.
how is your plan in work in future, work you on it?
what must be done better or what is missing?
thank you!

best wishes
rudi ;-)
By Cicero
rudi wrote:Gut gemacht Cicero!
werde deinem projekt eine chance geben und es einmal versuchen.
wie sieht es aus, arbeitest du weiter daran?
was muss verbessert oder noch gemacht werden?
danke!

well done Cicero!
will try your project and give it a chance.
how is your plan in work in future, work you on it?
what must be done better or what is missing?
thank you!

best wishes
rudi ;-)

Hi Rudi,

Thanks for the interest, I look forward to you getting it all to work and your further comments.

Yes, I'm still doing work on it. I want to add a bit to the stack, packet retransmits and generally more packet tracking. Also, for making external server connections, I need to do a bunch of work on that for dealing with packet loss and reconnects/disconnects.
I'm adding DNS currently, which is a crucial feature.

It started as a proof of concept, and at the moment the code reflects that. When I've got some decent time I plan to look at it as a whole and make it smoother, faster and more transparent in terms of integration and mimicking the SDK. Just messing around with it I've learnt a lot about the SDK and low level TCP/IP comms in general, so I feel the whole thing just requires a good rethink with that extra knowledge.