A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By jnymris
#45555 Hey,

First time post here trying to get to grips with electronics and the ESP8266 module. (I have purchased 5 of these)

I'm trying to make sure i'm giving the module the correct voltage and i'm not getting what I'm expecting.

I'm powering my breadboard from a USB from the laptop.

I'm getting 1.820 when using the 5V and .856 when using the 3.3v I am using the LD33V if this is doing anything? (I've only attached one picture of me measuring as it was just to make sure I was measuring it right.)

The thing i am finding strange is if it use the + and - from the + across the - power rail I'm getting -1? I've attached some photos.

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated...I'm looking to use a DHT11 and ESP8266 to monitor temperature. I've planning on using a guide I have found (Not sure I can post a link here)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By jnymris
jankop wrote:Why LD33V? Do you switch your breadboard power source to 3.3V and supply module directly from him.

Hi Jankop,

Thanks for your response. Why is this happening though?

I have uploaded my own script which appeared to not run so I uploaded a new script (See below) however when booting the ESP8266 up I now get this error message?

I was using baudrate of 115200 now i'm having to use 74880?

Error:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 1264, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x42
csum 0x42
~ld

Script:
void setup(void)
{
Serial.print("Line 1");
}

void loop(void)
{
Serial.print("Line 2");
}

I'm using the Ardiuno IDE and the response i got was: Uploading 234448 bytes from to flash at 0x00000000 (followed by a load of .) Of course I cannot issue AT commands now either

Any thoughts/suggestions?