The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By mango_fpv
#54296 Hello!
I hope someone can help me out. I a newbie to the IOT world and I'm still learning and am intrigued at every baby step I've taken. I wanted to use websockets as a way to communicate to as raspberry pi and was wondering if anyone can help in showing me how to install websockets onto the ESP8266? Again I'm still kind of new to this so I'm trying to wrap my head around it, but I thought I'd place my question here while I scour the the web, which hasn't been good at showing me so far, although that's how I kind of found this site. Thanks in advance for anyone's help... ;)
By cnlohr
#54345 Just wanted to give you a heads up... I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to do, but, for anything other than a webpage, you should stick to raw sockets, like UDP or TCP. There are several UDP and TCP examples for both Linux and the ESP8266.
By mango_fpv
cnlohr wrote:Just wanted to give you a heads up... I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to do, but, for anything other than a webpage, you should stick to raw sockets, like UDP or TCP. There are several UDP and TCP examples for both Linux and the ESP8266.

Thanks for your concerns "cnlohr". I just needed to presently install a websocket client onto the ESP, since another developer will be connecting to it from a raspberry pi using node? I hope that makes sense...Anyways, thanks.. :shock: