The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Solomon Candy
TarekJ wrote:Thank you, but I did not get "Using the ESP8266 modules like 12f requires that you use a capacitor across input pins to cancel out ripples on varying load." do you have a schema for that? where should I connect a capacitor ? does this make it unstable?

No, connecting a capacitor across the input pins would not make the ESP unstable. From input pins I mean the gnd and 3V3 (shorthands for ground and 3.3V incase you don't know :? ) pins that you connect to your ESP from your power source. When your ESP drives something through it's GPIO, the current demand instantaneously changes and it can cause a brownout (too low voltage for ESP to keep alive) and the ESP resets. I can do a more through analysis and come up with a value of capacitance that might work but it will be so much easier if you just do some trial and error with a couple of capacitors and see what works. The reset upon instantaneous loading can also be a result of a bad power supply with poor load regulation, which is simply how constant the voltage supply of your power supply is when the load (current demand) changes. The capacitor should help with that but if it doesn't work try using a different power source. Cell-phone power banks are pretty descent for the job if you need 5 V, they say 1 A on them usually which is great. If you are using an adapter for 5V see that it's atleast 500 mA.
By TarekJ
Solomon Candy wrote:
TarekJ wrote:Thank you, but I did not get "Using the ESP8266 modules like 12f requires that you use a capacitor across input pins to cancel out ripples on varying load." do you have a schema for that? where should I connect a capacitor ? does this make it unstable?

No, connecting a capacitor across the input pins would not make the ESP unstable. From input pins I mean the gnd and 3V3 (shorthands for ground and 3.3V incase you don't know :? ) pins that you connect to your ESP from your power source. When your ESP drives something through it's GPIO, the current demand instantaneously changes and it can cause a brownout (too low voltage for ESP to keep alive) and the ESP resets. I can do a more through analysis and come up with a value of capacitance that might work but it will be so much easier if you just do some trial and error with a couple of capacitors and see what works. The reset upon instantaneous loading can also be a result of a bad power supply with poor load regulation, which is simply how constant the voltage supply of your power supply is when the load (current demand) changes. The capacitor should help with that but if it doesn't work try using a different power source. Cell-phone power banks are pretty descent for the job if you need 5 V, they say 1 A on them usually which is great. If you are using an adapter for 5V see that it's atleast 500 mA.

Thank you very much , it is clear now :)
Another question, is there a sample for mobile app for it?