The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By rudi
Sprite_tm wrote:Nope. The idea of the webserver I built is that it's modular and that the core is as small as possible. Don't need a filesystem? Don't include a filesystem. Need a tiny filesystem and want the code to be small and quick? Disable on-the-fly compression. Etcetera.

If someone wants to make whatever he/she thinks is necessary to do remote processing/remote debugging, there certainly are cgi and template hooks to build it pretty easily, but I won't be shipping with it. No unnecessary bells and whistles in this code :)

Hi
yes - you are right - this will be fine idea - simply small base code -
btw
how do you will make the tiny file system - are you ready in SPI flash write / read as a little slave fat ;-) for remote ( wifi ) file transfer, ( smb drive )
if not so i will try to make a "snap in" / "plug in" for yours - we can try to build "modular" with environment variables?
( my english is not so good aaahhh.. if i can write english better - would write a roman ;-) ) ..but i can start earliest next begin week ( work outside ) .
best wishes rudi ;-)
By Sixeck
#4067 Hey Rudi,

it would be nice if you'd contact me. Or give me an email to contact you. I just started with the ESP8266 and your way looks like the same as mine...
I'm from Germany too....

Hey Rudi,

es wäre nett wenn du dich mal bei mir meldest oder mir deien Email Adresse gibst damit ich mich bei dir melden kann. Ich habe gerade mit dem ESP8266 angefangen und wollte auch Richtung IoT gehen....

meine Email wäre themustercompany-AT-gmail.com