The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By mamalala
wififofum wrote:
mamalala wrote:
wififofum wrote:Thanks, but are you using AES functions in eagle.rom.addr.v6.ld because they may use hardware acceleration?

Language translation is hard, easier to read source code. So I will check your github for updates.

Not knowing what he does, i would say that if he uses the rom functions, they would probably be accelerated somewhat. That is, if it is true that the chip has dedicated hardware for that, as advertised on the Espressif page.

Greetings,

Chris

Yes that would be nice. But why only decrypt functions and no encrypt functions listed in eagle.rom.addr.v6.ld?

Because most functions don's differ between encrypt and decrypt, you mostly only need dirfferent S-boxes. I guess it's just a naming mishap from them. Not unusal for chinese made software that uses english-like names.

Greetings,

Chris
By wififofum
#1449 Differences are subtle but separate functions are provided in typical WPA implementations. I think it is more likely they are just not listed.

Actually it seems the encrypt functions are in the library files and the decrypt functions are in the ROM, for some reason.
By rudi
wififofum wrote:But I see how you praise all the other open source projects on this forum and are using them so I was just curious if you will post your source.

hi..nono i praise only one opensrc project, esptool from mamalala ;-) not more ;-)
sorry and this i know over mikrocontroller.net ;-)

btw, is there someone who works at ADC + WIFI use same time at a project?
if no, i will start this next time in a combinied as a Android APP Osciloskop, because it's a possible way to get ADC & WIFI runing same time, only short switch between function is need btw.
but i am sure, this is knowing in esp8266 forum. if not, so i will share the knowledge in this next times after finnished if someone want.

best wishes
rudi
;-)
By Squonk
#1519 Hi Rudi,

Thank you for your videos!

I know different languages makes it very difficult to communicate (Du bist Deutsch, Ich bin Französisch und Englisch zu schreiben!), but we have one language in common: C language!

I would really appreciate if you could make your code available after you publish the corresponding video, this would help us to understand better what you have done ;)