The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By aravindalak
#25498 I'm using the code in following github page for my project.
https://github.com/ok1cdj/ESP8266-LUA/t ... Thingspeak
In the init.lua file I have changed the ESP8266's mode to StationAP to send data to my laptop, but I'm not sure whether it will work.
Is there any way that I can send those data from ESP module to laptop by using WiFi connection and display those data on my laptop?
Sending data over WiFi connection without using HTTP is very important for my project.
Any thoughts?
By martinayotte
#25554 As Kenn mentioned, you current code is a HTTPClient send data to a server. If your laptop is becoming the server, you need to install an HTTP server on it, like Apache, with scripts, either PHP, Python, Java, or even C, that will received the request and do something with it accordling, either writting a log file or writting into a database, depending of your requirements.
Of course, HTTP is not the only way to transfer data from ESP. You could also use TCPClient, but again, on your laptop, you will need a TCPServer.
By Shivank
#66872 Hi All,

I have the same query, I wanted a simple wifi connection between ESP and laptop.
Like: I want my ESP to send "Hello World" to my laptop and in laptop side it receives and displays "Hello World"(IMP: Over wifi, not via usb).
How many ways I can do it. Any documentation, link or video would be great help!

Best Regards!
Shanky