The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Frisco
#68631 Hi
Have just made attachment, which uses:
- PubSubClient library by Nick O'Lesry Version 2.6.0 - Arduino 1.8.2 default library - Instead of PubSubClient library v 1.91.1 https://github.com/Imroy/pubsubclient

Hope some can use this.

(I used PubSubClient 2.6.0 because I hoped, I could get SSL security, along with WiFiClientSecure. However, this does not succeed )

Many thanks for IoT Manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By murrayc2000
#68949 I am setting up a nodeMCU to run as a Belkin wemo using the "https://bitbucket.org/xoseperez/fauxmoESP" library and being connected by WiFiManager but I get errors whenever I try to put these two libraries in the same sketch. Is there any known compatibility issues between these two libraries?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Murray
By geert56
#72822 Wonderful app this IoT Manager. Like others took me a while to get used to its workings.
The idea is great: have all page layout defined by the "server". Keep up the good work.

And now for my questions, remarks:

1. Is the "range" widget still supported? I run 1.5.5 and do see a slider when using widget type set to range but find no documentation about its attributes. Most .ino example sketches are out of date I guess. Please update the widget documentation and make sure there is at least a widget like a slider available.

2. Could we have more control over the specific topic names? All button presses etc. always will be published as a topic that ends in control. I have devices that expect other topic names which cannot easily be modified.

3. How do profiles actually work? I played with the proLoader (iot-manager-profiles)
code and am able to save and load profiles. What are their purpose?

Since all lot of data is specified using JSON I started writing up a JSON schema for the
profiles and widgets. Any interest? Then I will publish it here.

Happy New Year to all Hackers