The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By scargill
#35955 Right I am nearly there using NODE-RED to talk to your lovely IOTMANAGER..

I've managed to get Node-Red to initialise it.... and to listen for a slider control.. works a treat - but.... actually setting the status of the slider on the APP itself I'm getting no-where. I'm sure it's a silly mistake.

Could I ask you to take a quick look.

http://tech.scargill.net/iotmanager/

So I've made LIGHT1 and LIGHT2.

I can subscribe in Node-Red to LIGHT1
/IoTmanager/dev02-bedroom/light1/control

No problem - I can read the slider as I move it on the APP.

But when I send this message back to the APP..

Topic: /IoTmanager/dev02-bedroom/light1

Payload: {"status":"3"}

I get absolutely nothing - I would expect the APP slider position to move accordingly to the value 3 but it does not. I thought I'd replicated your examples... but clearly not. Where did I go wrong in this last item?

Pete.
By 4refr0nt
scargill wrote:Topic: /IoTmanager/dev02-bedroom/light1
Payload: {"status":"3"}

Hi, Peter!

I'm glad to see you again :)
You article very usefull, thanks!

You must use topic: /IoTmanager/dev02-bedroom/light1/status for publish status
By scargill
#35973 Hi there

Yes, worked that out the hard way :-)

I've updated the blog - all working - I'm not sure why I need delays when initialising - but it works - now to explore your other controls...

A point... when closing and opening the phone - only sometimes - you open the phone and the app says disconnected. Hit the refresh icon and it reconnects and all is well but this should happen automatically.. Seems to be in the status of not connected after I leave the phone alone to time out (Samsung S4)..and then pick it up and use...
By 4refr0nt
scargill wrote:A point... when closing and opening the phone - only sometimes - you open the phone and the app says disconnected. Hit the refresh icon and it reconnects and all is well but this should happen automatically.. Seems to be in the status of not connected after I leave the phone alone to time out (Samsung S4)..and then pick it up and use...

Yes, its IoT Manager bug.
In Settings you can manage option "Reconnect after connection lost", but in this version IoT Manager reconnecting not working.
Sorry, this bug will be fixed in future version.
Last edited by 4refr0nt on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.