The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By 4refr0nt
mariuszb wrote:This should work in this version?
leftIcon:"ion-ios-rainy-outline"

Sorry, I'm not test this feature in latest version.
TridentTD wrote:However I don't know how to make IoTManager APP's dashboard .
Can anybody teach me how to make dashboard with some widgets, please ?

IoTmanager.ino send to app all needed dashboard data. Look at paragraph 8 of this article
mariuszb wrote:if someone configure Mosquitto to work with the IT Manager's SSL/TLS Mode ?

Yes. Look at this post, and you need self-signed certificate.
By mariuszb
4refr0nt wrote:
mariuszb wrote:This should work in this version?
leftIcon:"ion-ios-rainy-outline"

Sorry, I'm not test this feature in latest version.

mariuszb wrote:if someone configure Mosquitto to work with the IT Manager's SSL/TLS Mode ?

Yes. Look at this post, and you need self-signed certificate.

yes, I found a good example of this here:
http://rockingdlabs.dunmire.org/exercis ... ecure-mqtt
but my question is how to install a user generated self-signed certificate on Android / IoTmanager.
Send email to phone and open/install ??
By TridentTD
#39537 >TridentTD wrote:
>However I don't know how to make IoTManager APP's dashboard .
>Can anybody teach me how to make dashboard with some widgets, please ?
>
>IoTmanager.ino send to app all needed dashboard data. Look at paragraph 8 of this article

I have already flashed IoTmanager.ino to ESP , however .. In IoTManager's dashboard page is still blank , no any widgets.
( I guess that JS files ? (ie demo.js) don't be flased ? ) How to solve this problem?

Thank you
By 4refr0nt
TridentTD wrote:I have already flashed IoTmanager.ino to ESP , however .. In IoTManager's dashboard page is still blank , no any widgets.
( I guess that JS files ? (ie demo.js) don't be flased ? ) How to solve this problem?

JS files for emulating real device only, if you flashed Arduino sketch to real device then JS files not needed.
If you can't see any widget on dashboard, then try see ESP8266 log via serial terminal and check WiFi and broker connections. If app and device successfully connected to MQTT broker then you can see widgets on dashboard.
mariuszb wrote:my question is how to install a user generated self-signed certificate on Android / IoTmanager.
Send email to phone and open/install ??

At this time this feature not implemented. IoT Manager internal MQTT clients (engines) Paho and MQTT.JS not use client-side SSL certificates, only server certificate use for secure connection, but its possibility will be implemented in future releases.