The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By 4refr0nt
UniqueIdentifier wrote:Signed up to this website just to say Thanks to the author(s) of this app. Great stuff.

tnx
UniqueIdentifier wrote:1) Is it possible to remove the IoTManager and use my own root like /home/thing/led or /office/thing/led

At this version its impossible. But in next version will be implemented "prefix" setting for using cloud services with some user prefix for topics (AdafruitIO, for example)
UniqueIdentifier wrote:2) Is there a way to debug test messages within the app. I've sent messages and I can see the incoming connection on the server, but no messages received/displayed in the app

Check "View Log" item in main menu
By UniqueIdentifier
4refr0nt wrote:At this version its impossible. But in next version will be implemented "prefix" setting for using cloud services with some user prefix for topics (AdafruitIO, for example)

Would be great as I have multiple locations that I'd like to use as root of /home and /office. Also, if I want to test, i'll have to modify my ESPP code to add IoT manager in there. Thanks for checking into this. I'm using cloudMQTT.

Regarding the pub/sub not working, i've taken some screen shots. and put them into a file.

Also, the CloudMqtt users (just user removed for privacy)

But i cannot get any messages receiving to the phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By 4refr0nt
UniqueIdentifier wrote:
4refr0nt wrote:Regarding the pub/sub not working, i've taken some screen shots. and put them into a file....But i cannot get any messages receiving to the phone.

Please check this
By UniqueIdentifier
#45542 Hi. I've finally got a few of my various sensors online and properly reporting data. in fact, I can see it in the messages received in IoT Manager.

However, my subscribed topics is 3 and my dashboard is blank.

Am I misunderstand what this app was supposed to do? I thought it would read in values from CloudMQTT?
I cannot see where to install the buttons or widgets?