Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Bill D
#60904 Hi all, I have a circuit that operates a 3v pump over wifi. Not very specific I know. I set this up initially using a esp-01 and have everything working great. I have GPIO2 connected to a 220 Resistor to the base of a tip41 transistor. I also have a 330 resistor to vcc on gpio2/transistor base. I have the emitter to ground. Collector to pump-. Pump+ to vcc. I have a diode across the pump. This works fine with the esp-01. The esp-12 resets when pump is fired. With the setup listed. This is the most stable I have been able to get it. It works maybe 6 out of 10 times. I have put caps everywhere I thought would help. I have changed resistor sizes on the transistor. I put diodes on the cable going to the pump. I put caps on the cable going to the pump. I have changed transistor types/ sizes. I have tried multiple esps.
I have CH_PD, Reset, and GPIO-0 all tied to vcc with 10k resistors. If i disconnect the pump and replace it with a LEd all is well. I am at a loss. I know it is something silly I am not seeing but everything working with the esp-01 has me confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope this makes sense. I am new to the forum and have no idea how to post schematics or code. Thanks.
By Bill D
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, you need GPIO15 pulled to ground on the -12 (10k is fine). This is done on the board with the -01 as GPIO15 isn't broken out.

I have it. sorry, I didn't put that in post. Thanks
By Bill D
#61095 UPDATE!!! I had been using a series of 3 esp-12 to test this project. I actually thought I had a 12E according to ebay site I purchased them from. They only had 16 pins so they must be 12s. I swapped in a esp-12F and all is well. Just to make sure I have used several of the esp-12F to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The circuit appears solid. Are there any differences in these chips that would account for this. I am not seeing anything in the data sheet that would explain. It's not a big deal I can use the 12F for this circuit. Just a curiosity thing at this point.