Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By mickdassive
#93982 so im trying to create a a curcut with a esp12-f connected to a bno085(imu) over i2c. when i try and use a basic sketch like i2c scanner it will create 0 output on the clock or data lines, and rarely will create some activity on the bus, however it does not look the way it should at all(see attached). im using gpio12 for sda and gpio14 for scl with 2.2k pullup resistors. any help wold be apreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Inq720
mickdassive wrote:so im trying to create a a curcut with a esp12-f connected to a bno085(imu) over i2c. when i try and use a basic sketch like i2c scanner it will create 0 output on the clock or data lines, and rarely will create some activity on the bus, however it does not look the way it should at all(see attached). im using gpio12 for sda and gpio14 for scl with 2.2k pullup resistors. any help wold be apreciated

I usually assume anyone using an oscilloscope is far more advanced than I when it comes to hardware. So when I don't get the results with a circuit I want, I usually fallback to doing it exactly like the most common way to make sure its not me or bad component. Although you can do it on any pair of pins (except 16) have you tried it on the standard i2c pins (scl=5, sda=4)?

I haven't looked at it with a logic analyzer in a while, it always works, even with the built-in pull up... even just today https://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?p=93983#p93983

Since I have this running (using i2c) I hooked it up to see what it does spit out.
sl1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.