Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By scropion86
martinayotte wrote:5- It doesn't matter if VCC2 is 12V or 50V. If GND and GND2 are not connected together, than the gates of the MOSFET don't have any reference since ESP GPIO output voltage as no reference to GND2. Trust me (I'm doing EE since more than 35 years), it really needs to be connected together. Otherwise you will need opto-couplers.

i will do that of course ,
By scropion86
danbicks wrote:PS:

I would be inclined to add an electrolytic and ceramic capacitor at the output of your ac to dc converter 5 volt end after looking at the specs for this module. 100uf & 100nf for decoupling.

Good luck

Dans

so you suggest to move the Caps decoupling to the 5V output not after the 3.3V regulator?
below is the current designe.
By scropion86
martinayotte wrote:5- It doesn't matter if VCC2 is 12V or 50V. If GND and GND2 are not connected together, than the gates of the MOSFET don't have any reference since ESP GPIO output voltage as no reference to GND2. Trust me (I'm doing EE since more than 35 years), it really needs to be connected together. Otherwise you will need opto-couplers.

one more question do you see any change i can do here that will make the life time of the board and component longer
as this will be fixed in a wall electricity box.

and about your advice before to change the 2N2222 with MOSFET is that going to change the functionality of the circuit , or and will improve the expected life time .

what suggestion i should go with in PCB layout as form safety prospective even a hints , i know it's very long list and specification to comply with it . but this for personal so no need to take any certificate but i should keep some safety.