Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Jeddiah
#47563 I just got one of these yesterday:

I'm using it for a small project but this is the first time I'm working with such a device and I'm kind of stuck. I got this board because it seemed like it would be easier to work with than some of the other versions. So far I've been able to get it to link to my wifi network, using the built in setup page. I was able to use the TCPUDP software to send the data that was seeing in the IDE Serial monitor to a remote computer.

What I'm not quite understanding is how do I then send the data to my webserver? I have an Apache webserver running CentOS and I have my php script already configured to receive the data. I'm just stuck as to where I go on the Arduino to do that. Been searching all over and I haven't found a clear example of how to make this particular device work vs the other devices I found examples for.

Thanks a lot!
By Jeddiah
#47655 I've been through just about every thread on GIT about a problem with the #include <memory> problem with the libraries related to the ESP's. I haven't found anything even closely related to a solution. I've tried rolling back Arduino IDE to 1.6.5 from 1.6.9, no luck, I've tried using PlatformIO, no luck. Tried editing the .cpp that calls memory.h, no luck, it does give a different error though.

Just looking for some guidance as to how to resolve this before I can move on.
By Jeddiah
#47672 Just trying to do the simplest of things:

Code: Select all#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#define SSID "ssid"
#define PASS_SSID "password"
#define HOST "192.168.1.1"
WiFiClient client;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

I originally got this error:
Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src/ESP8266WiFiType.h:26:19: fatal error: queue.h: No such file or directory

#include <queue.h>

^

compilation terminated.

I found a queue.h in another directory and copied it into the src directory and it got past that, now I get:
src/WiFiClient.h:24:18: fatal error: memory: No such file or directory

#include <memory>

I'm figuring that if you could just give me a copy of memory.h I can copy it to the src directory and I'll probably be ok. So far, I haven't been able to find the file in question.

This is on Win7 64b with IDE 1.6.9, but I have tried earlier versions to no avail.

This is my project.