Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Jeddiah
#47972 I'll be sure to post all kinds of pictures from this project when it's done. This was one of the last steps holding me up, now I'm just hoping I have enough memory on the UNO to complete it or else I'll have to move onto a mega. I've used all the analog and digital pins on this project on the UNO.
By martinayotte
#47973 Remember that you can leaverage much more on the ESP side.
Personally, I think that Offical AT firmware brings a lot of overhead. I've quit using it more than a year ago !
Becomes fluent with ESP Arduino environment, writing your own "AT" commands set, you can move some tasks to ESP, and leave your Arduino doing simple things and don't bother about networking stuff on the Arduino side.
In other words, instead of having Arduino being the master of the ESP, making ESP being the master of the Arduino is a big step ahead ... :ugeek:
By Jeddiah
martinayotte wrote:Remember that you can leaverage much more on the ESP side.
Personally, I think that Offical AT firmware brings a lot of overhead. I've quit using it more than a year ago !
Becomes fluent with ESP Arduino environment, writing your own "AT" commands set, you can move some tasks to ESP, and leave your Arduino doing simple things and don't bother about networking stuff on the Arduino side.
In other words, instead of having Arduino being the master of the ESP, making ESP being the master of the Arduino is a big step ahead ... :ugeek:

That can be a winter time project, right now I have to get this thing done. I have a couple of Mega's that should be delivered tomorrow. I integrated the Wifi code into my project and it started to destabilize the variables, so I'm pretty sure I either need to streamline the code or just use the Mega.