Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Jeddiah
martinayotte wrote:Glad to hear that you figured out that some of the problem was power supply related ...

For the PHP script, what kind of server are you using ?
Because if it is only accepting HTTP/1.1 request and refuse to respond to HTTP/1.0, then your request will require the addition of "Host: <webserverIP>" before the "\r\n\r\n".
(you can verify if this is the issue by trying the current request in a telnet)

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't in the code down there, and that the problem is with the Arduino sending the AT commands to the board. When I connected to it with Putty, I sent it all the commands to connect to my network and assigned it a static IP. After that I could ping the device, and if I typed in the GET in the sketch it would do what it was supposed to do.

When I unplugged it from the FTDI board and reconnected it to the Arduino, I can ping it's IP, but if I try to change the static IP via the sketch, it doesn't change, it would appear what I wrote in there via Putty is still there, and the sketch isn't changing it.

That's where I'm stuck right now.
By Jeddiah
martinayotte wrote:The problem is maybe like I mentioned before about the RX/TX connection that should be inverted and the famous dip switches need to on or off, there is also the headers which maybe need jumpers.

Except I'm not longer using the original ESP13 shield that I posted about, I'm using just regular ESP-01's. There aren't any dipswitches.