Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Joe Job
#48687 Hi I had a circuit set up where an ESP8266-01 sent commands to an ATMEGA328P-PU which switched a relay, I have removed the ATMEGA and attempting to get the ESP to trigger the switch the relay but struggling to get enough power, I have tried many different tutorials on use transistors etc but as of yet have not managed can anyone give a clear example of achieving this please. TIA
By Joe Job
#48693 Hi sorry I don't have any at hand, I attempted with a P2N2222A several different setups which did not work, took me all night searching and trying different ways I have any schematics, I just went through multiple tutorials online. I also tried a dual way logic level shifter which did actually switch the relay (digitalWrite) but no matter whether it was being told to turn or turn off it just kept turning on, also a couple of the attempts with the P2N2222A made the esp8266 freeze up with the blue light staying on, and also the relay staying on as with the level shifter.
By Joe Job
#48694 I was attempting create a mosfet with the P2N2222A, I am unsure if I have the correct hardware if someone can let me know exactly what I need to achieve the goal of switching the relay from an esp8266 that would be big help I can order the parts and go from there.