Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Joe Job
#49740 Have swapped to the wall adapter now and now it is just full blue light and the same in the serial monitor.

Code: Select all<d,‚
†û@�’ÿêcBRîRbrrRZ.RjRZRîRïk~nvbâRZvjBîRRnwzRjRäcjrRnbâîRânâíZânGbVB^jRVúÒZïÛVÛjrnVRjCVSnþzÖVnVöÚRîûîJkQ^^RònrBjZrjSz^×nVêRSRjRjVÚÞ+ÖZïÒRRwÒrnRRRJîRkþokkjjkîkknkkîkjûjkîPknêknjkjkjëjkojkjkjkïkkjVk+kkëRîzkkjjvWknk{~jkjnkîjfjkúÓêþúrîîZnwjJRëz{÷þvzRúî^R×n^ZîRjorrRZRRNVzjRvRJnRRÚRkkkkkï{jïjïkîêjëkîîë{jöÞkc<—Ž‚†û‡Øÿ{cksßVêjRRjÒîR¦kRRRîZnrjVBRZnRR×FR^ênRRîvzRêZÚîRRîZRî[RkRRÒZJRRçnzRnRRîJRRRjÚRRûïRÚjRRîJkî^ëîRRîBRRRjRsnRRîÒSRjRîÐbnRRrzRRîkBRRîJRnRRRRrRBRîRnzRîRbnRRnÒRjBnbâjÒbzRîGbÂBBRnRîRRjÒrZjÒWVrîrRjVRRjbîVR^SîÒWnRRîÖVnRÖîZÞn^RîNRJ+jkR~RRîR^nsRZþZòRNîZCrKîRZjÒWÓÖnVBVRRîZÖjRRîJrnRîRRnRZnRJîRkjkîjk.jkjknkkîjkêkjkîk{nkkjk>hkîjknjknjkîjkjjkjVîjKokjknRkkkîk{nkkîjkjkîjknkW~ÒîVkjkkjkjjk.jkkkîÿknjkjjÎîRËúc_Çrêþfê{7ksßVênRRQrÒnVRoJîRrBRJBnRRRRjRRRbîzÂnJBJRSRîVRVêîRR~RZVRRbJnRbZJRnrîRRnRZ.RRîRÚnZÞjRênRRïRÒjRêîVZ~RRîRjVRnbJ¾RRJRîRçj~RjRRîRRjRRîVbjRjRÒnZRîJknVëîRSBRRRîRrnRRêZRjRRnRRîRvnRRZrRjj~nRRîjRRRîrRîRRkBRîbRnRZRJnRSjÓRîZânbRZânzRîrânVVîbRnRRjRRRÒnZRîRrnvrjrBzVÒnjbjVSn^SîZWnRRîÖ^VÖîVß~^RjSJkîkRÚnRRîRZrRoZRj^rnRNîZCrKîRZnRîÓVVÚîÖZÖÖnVRîzRRrjRRoRZjRJjRknjkjkjkîjjjkîknjkjjkîJknjknknjkîj{nkkkkhknjëîjknkVjjjjkjSRkîkîkk~kîkonjkîkknjVn~ÚîRknjkjjknjkîkkjkîjkjkjjîRËúc_ÇBöfê<—†‚
Žû‡’ÿ?ãCksßVjRRnRZVRî^nRRjJjrVîRÒjrRRîRÚnÒÚî’nRRîRÒjRjZRRRîRRîVVnbJîRjzRçîzZnRRîÒRjVjR»jRÒÞJnzSR~R~RRrRRîRRZn^RjsbjzîZRnRRjnRÒJRnRrjRRîRRn~2zRjRZSbnúîbVrânfîZbbRîÒbvîJzRÚWúÒnÒBjRr~Òîúj^bjVjúWRWnrVöjVîZÞnVîJkr^{ò^nJ^rþCBKjÚSÒÞÒÚZÖrjÒnRJjknkkëïëjëkkï¿njcjk{Rkj{kkjëkVnëkkkî*vfê{ckêVBjRRZVRjbîRRnJRòÊnRRÒRnrRjRbÂnJBJRRRjVRjVêRRRÒîWkJnRRîÊnrRîRÒjRRRîÖÚnRÚêjRÒîRÊjVjrRîRjÖnbJïRzJRRRnrRSnRjVnRûîRÚ~R^zkVbrRjBRjRcnRRîRRNRRnRZRbnRRîZnRRîknÒRîJRRîRRjRRBRbnbRîZRRnRvZânbâZbbRîFânPVîBRrORRîSÒîZRîRnVrîjRnVjjbZVÚSjRWjRRîV^ÖîZÞ^VRûÚkjsîrnÒrîR^jRRRZrzNî^CVSRZnWRÖjVîÖRîZÖ~VîznRRîRRÚZoRJjVnjkîjjkkjjknkkîjkjjîjojkfjkîkknkkjkonjkîkkjjkjknkVîjKjkkîkknRkjkîjkjjkîj{njkîkknjÖn~ÒjVkjjkîjkkkknjkîjknjkînjRËúk_rSþfê{ckêJZênRVîVÒn^RîbJîRzSrÒRZnRRSbjzÂjJîZRjSRîVRnZêjrRnZÒîRîbjRRJnRZjRjRRjRFrÚîÒênSRRÒRîznr{îîZRëJîRRnSþòjzRzSjRRzRRVbnRûÒÒnZJknVjvjBRnRRRrnVïRRRVnRîRbnújRn~jRRjRRRîRRR~~zRnzzânúvÒRâkbâjRânjÚbZnRRîÒîZRVzþÂnzÒjbZSjïWnÖî^~n^ÖîRRîkjjs^RR~Z^rkBRrnCrKîRZjRjRÞnVVþÖnRjr~RîVRZnRZrkêkknjoîonjokkzîkjkkkkkkkjjkojkkîÿkïRkzïjkkkîknjkþojVnNÒÖjjkjÿjkkkjëkjjkjÎîRc_úþê<—¿ŽŠŽû„ˆhÀÐ
By Joe Job
#49741 No need to say that is not normal lol. I have this same set up in other projects, except the relay would be an ATMEGA that is being powered by the 5v. The ESP also boots up without the mosfets in place and does not show the output I posted before.
By martinayotte
#49747 If it is working fine without the relay, try to use 2 power supplies, one for ESP and one for relay, just to prove that it is a supply issue. Or simply not power the relay while leaving the mosfets in place.

But you didn't answered my previous questions asked twice :
Did you added capacitors on nearby ESP 3.3V and did you added reverse diode in parallel to relay's coil ?
Those two things are really important and could be the solution.
By Joe Job
#49749 Sorry no I haven't, a bit of an update I changed the battery for another one and if I remove the GPIO2 whilst booting up it boots, but there is not enough power for the relay to come fully on, I am a bit unsure of why the wall power adapter is providing less than a battery, was really wanting to avoid 2 power supplies. Before I try the two power supplies where would I add the capacitor, what type of capacitor and not a clue what you mean by this at this stage lol: "reverse diode in parallel to relay's coil"

As I was typing it actually turned on the switch correctly once, every other time I can see it is receiving commands and attempting to turn on and off, now it has just gone crazy lol it has turned the switch on but it does not turn off. Will try your suggestions if you can provide a bit more info on what you meant would be great.