Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By ShantanuJ
#51156 I have a static IP at my place.
The NodeMcu module always gave a particular IP address for itself after connecting to the WiFi. (Eg. 192.168.xx.yyy).

Now one morning when i connected the device, the ip suddenly was different. Even the Network IP address was showing different. And I ofcourse couldn't access the device through that IP address.

After resetting the IP address comes back to the old one. But suddenly on another reset changes back to the weird one again.

The "192.168.xx" part is the network address. No matter what that must remain constant. But even the "xx" part is changing in the NodeMcu module.

What is happening?
By mrburnette
#51176 Agreed, I have not witnessed such behavior but I did witness my ESP8266 AP in the attic changing channels to correlate to my lab WiFi ... a device on which the currently unused client part of the same ESP8266 once connected shortly after delivery (once, for testing.)

Just a thought: are you the only one in your lab? Some folk have a sic sense of humor! A friend of mine that once worked for a major company that designed scientific calculators re-programmed the boss' scientific calculator to have a wrong value of pi :lol:

Ray
By ShantanuJ
#51234 Nope!
No one around even knows the device I am working on or anything at all for that matter of fact about this line of work!

I got another new device. But the same issue. When I connect two devices, after the second device connects to the wifi, the first device, after resetting, looses its IP address to something completely weird!!

I am assuming its not the problem with the device sice a brand new device is also showing the same error.