Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By ganesh1985
#51329 Hi Guys,

I am an Electronics Engineer by profession trying to get to understand the basics of network protocols and communication which I know very little about ! :mrgreen: I am working on a wireless remote control project that has two ESP8266 Modules talking to each other at a distance of approximately 10 meters, the purpose being, to control a 12V bidirectional solenoid valve via relay (standalone receiver) by a joystick ( standalone transmitter).

Going for an RF transceiver solution might sound apt for this but unfortunately 433Mhz is not a license free band in India. So I thought Wifi 2.4Ghz is the one to go for ( thoughts & opinions are welcome )

Now I have come across TCP, UDP and Telnet arduino Sketches. Could somebody throw some light on protocol selection for this application. ( See Functional Blocks picture Attached )

Cheers!
Ganesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.