Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By arbj
#51508 Hi,

I am thinking of buying an ESP 12F for a quadcopter project,, I have the following queries regarding the hardware.

1. Can the 12F generate 4 PWM signals ? if so what would be max frequency?
2. Can I2C communication be done using the 12F, I need to connect to an accelerometer .
3. Does the 12F have internal timer interrupts for generating interrupts every few milliseconds ?
4. I have Arduino IDE, I have downloaded the ESP 8266 boards onto the IDE, to program what hardware do I need ? Also is there any programming software for this ? Will arduino IDE be able to program the 12F device ?
5. Can floating point calculations be done by the 12F ?

thanks
a
By martinayotte
#51527 PWM on ESP is done by software, so, since you probably need precision, it is better to have hardware PWM using chip such PCA9635 or PCA9685 connected with an I2C bus.
Yes, ESP can handle I2C bus with software bit-banging.
Float ? all done purely in software, there is no hardware FPU.
By prianka2291
martinayotte wrote:PWM on ESP is done by software, so, since you probably need precision, it is better to have hardware PWM using chip such PCA9635 or PCA9685 connected with an I2C bus.
Yes, ESP can handle I2C bus with software bit-banging.
Float ? all done purely in software, there is no hardware FPU.

i used same chip with PCA555 expander ,I2c protocol , and Zero cross detection (dimming purpose)

but zero cross detection ,this operation is so fast or not compatible with I2c clock frequency .

please suggest me how to reduce the time of i2c ... so it compatible with ioexpander...?