Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Tropuska
#53812 Got a scrub problem. Bought a esp8266-12 with the white shield from ebay, soldered it all up on a pcb board with female headers for easier connectivity. After that I connected a 5V source from an arduino, but with a voltage regulator I bring it down to 3.3V, ground is connected to the source. But after I connect the power supply to the ESP it only gives me a blue flash from the LED that lasts maybe half a second. Anyone got advice, because I am at a loss here...
By Barnabybear
#53817 Hi, a single blue flash is the correct responce for a normal boot (expected on power up). Two flashes indicate booting into program mode and a lot of flashes - not good. For a better responce - need more infomation.
By Tropuska
#53828 Hmm, but I don't have any other LED flashing except for that short blue LED flicker. I bought a 8266-01 few months ago, had no problems connecting it, had a constant red LED for power, and if I understood correctly the ESP8266-12 shouldn't be different except for more GPIO. I measured the voltage on Vcc and it's between 3.08V-3.20V, could that cause the problem?
By rudy
#53847 As Barnabybear said, it is doing what is expected. What are you expecting that it should do? You haven't listed anything that is a problem. Put some code on it. Try the blink sketch first.