Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By ToSa
#54161 It appears that Non-OS SDK 2.0 comes with its own millis() implementation. I realized just because it conflics with my own millis() implementation. Marking mine as weak resolved that linker conflict but the firmware didn't behave as expected anymore (v2.0.0 of the Non-OS SDK API reference does NOT cover that millis() function).

To get to the root cause I ended up writing a quick sense check for the SDK millis() function just spitting out the result of millis() every 15 seconds. What I got was surprising as it was counting up only on every fourth call so it appears that millis() actually returns a seconds counter instead of a milli-seconds counter.

Anybody else experienced that or something obvious I'm doing wrong? I went back and renamed my function for now not using the SDK function to get the firmware working again...

EDIT: posted in the wrong sub-forum. if an admin reads this, please move to general discussion subforum