Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By buchacho
#55893 I think they added a few pull-up resistors. This was throwing me off for a while. I was trying to use CH_PD to turn on the module and now it is pulled high. :cry:

ESP8266__ESP-12S_Schematic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By flagtrax
#60519 I would think it would be the same as all the ESP-12s. Which would be 4MB. The 07's are 512kb as I recall. Depending on what firmware you're using there are several ways to query the module.
By spy king
flagtrax wrote:I would think it would be the same as all the ESP-12s. Which would be 4MB. The 07's are 512kb as I recall. Depending on what firmware you're using there are several ways to query the module.

I am a bit perplexed.
Using the Arduino framework, ESP.getFlashChipRealSize() returns 1048576 bytes and my compiled sketch is 250016 bytes. However, I am unable to perform an OTA update, with the default sketch (OTA_BEGIN_ERROR) leading me to question what flash I have on this module.