Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By nick9one1
#56854 Hi! Not sure if this is correct place to post, sorry if not.

I've bought a LoLin "V3" board and I'm having USB problems with windows 10.

I've managed to flash the board with the latest firmware and can upload code with the Arduino IDE (Kind of).

If I just connect the board to a usb port, the computer detects it, then disconnects, then connects, then disconnects. this might happen 5 or 6 times then I get a BSOD.

If I hold the 'flash' button when connecting, and let go once plugged in all seems fine - I can upload code.

I've tried a few different driver and all do the same. This is what I'm using at the moment.

I'm wondering if I should just get a CP2102 board and ditch the CH340G LoLin board.
By piersfinlayson
#56863 I bought a batch of the lolin v3s and hit all sorts of problems like you described with windows - and mac and linux! I ended up going with the wemos d1 mini (also ch340g based!) instead as my primary dev board, which has ben much more reliable. I've also built my own boards with ch340g which have been fine.

Interestingly I didn't hit the problem with every lolin board, so perhaps a (very common) manufacturing defect rather than design flaw.

I never had the time and inclination to do a detailed post mortem.