Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By spy king
#57155 After using generic DC-DC switching modules for all my projects so far, I would now like to advance to making my own integrated boards with on-board power management.

After playing around with TI's WebBench, I am trying to decide between the following choices

Ideally, I would like to have a solution that works efficiently for a voltage range of 4.5~12v, while being most efficient at ~5v.

What are the main characteristics I should look for in the design, leading to an efficient converter for the ESP8266?
Last edited by spy king on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rudy
#57188 From the voltage range you specified it looks that you are not going to be using a lithium battery. While you want high efficiency you didn't indicate why. As it is unclear about how you want to use it it is hard to make any suggestion on a prefered part other than the one with the wide voltage range. That is the only one that meets the 12 volt wish.
By xtal
#57645 Mornsun has a line you might want to check out . They have regulate and unregulated outputs , in milliamp ranges.....I've used the A0512s 5vin +/- 12 out , note they need a small load to work...
your input range is rather limited ..