Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Stampede
#30496 I was able to flash firmware to my 8266, and run some interesting test code. I will detail my hardware layout in another picture (post it tomorrow), but a very convenient way I found to push the firmware is using the Arduino IDE. All you have to do is add the SparkFun Thing board to the board types. The board package comes with some other versions of the basic 8266 chipset including a "Generic ESP 8266" board which is what I've used. The code for my test came from this demo sketch:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/esp8266-thing-hookup-guide/all#example-sketch-posting-tophant

Finally total success, I'm now going see if I can run my other (2) 8266's which stalled mid firmware update using some of the other tools. Hopefully I can bring those back to life.
By ivan123
#34824 Can someone help me? I've been trying to flash my esp8266 with node mcu, but when i flash it, it says ack success, 5 seconds later there's a register timeout. I see the tx and rx led's and they flash initially and then when it says ack success they don't flash anymore.Please help.
By Mmiscool
#34825 Try holding down the flash button and taping the reset just after hitting the flash button on the pc.

This may help.