Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By wififofum
#1933 New design: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=41721880722

I've heard rumors the other dooao module has poor RF performance but could be disinformation from competitors. Also they seem to go out of their way to avoid IDing the ESP8266, I guess to try and stay out of the price wars. Anyone tried it?
By tinhead
wififofum wrote:I've heard rumors the other dooao module has poor RF performance but could be disinformation from competitors.

well, rumors from chinese competitors? honestly, all other chinese modules are even worse designed, so i doubt that these dooao are worse than others. From what i saw, i would say they are better (gnd plane, multiple gnd pins, rf out not over vias, ot of gnd vias here and there, no useless crossovers, all gpio pins routed out, adc opin routed out, shielding looks ok).

wififofum wrote:Also they seem to go out of their way to avoid IDing the ESP8266, I guess to try and stay out of the price wars. Anyone tried it?

not yet tried, but as already said here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28&p=1768#p1768

they are the only modules from china having all pins routed (and see above what else good on them).