Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By HAAGDEN
#62777 I have a BD6221F that I am driving from two GPIO outputs from an ESP8266-12. Although the ESP8266 seems to be working correctly (I can flash firmware, blink an LED etc.) I cannot change the state of the two outputs that are connected to the inputs of the BD6221F. These inputs are high impedance and should not draw any excessive current from the ESP8266. Do I need to pull them up/down or have I bricked the ESP8266. This problem occurs on two identical PCBs.
Any advice much appreciated.
By rudy
#62778 You haven't provided enough information for anyone to make other than shot in the dark suggestions. (like, did you initialize the ports for output) It might be helpful if you post some code.
By HAAGDEN
#62798 [quote="rudy"
]You haven't provided enough information for anyone to make other than shot in the dark suggestions. (like, did you initialize the ports for output) It might be helpful if you post some code.[/quote]
Rudy, thanks for your interest. My custom design has firmware downloaded from tech.scargill.net in the form of .bin files but I also get similar results when the esp8266 is flashed with Nodemcu firmware and the pins are initialised and set/cleared using the lualoader tool. I think I may have bricked the devices as initially I had the FTDI USB to TTL interface set to 5V instead of 3.3V for a short while.