Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By trackerj
#65498 Based on my own firmware development and programming needs I have designed a while ago a a fully isolated USB to Serial adapter for communication and also programming devices while properly protecting your USB ports and devices. Lately, thu a number of iterations, I have done some hardware changes to it to make it more compact and also fully compatible with modern MCU's, like ESP8266, etc.

Integrated hardware Autoreset function makes it suitable for direct programming ESP8266, ESP32 and other MCU's that require it.

If you use Arduino IDE/Platformio/etc for example with ESP8266, you will love it, as it doesn't need to press anymore RST/Prog buttons for new sketch upload! The autoreset function takes care of that, putting automatically the ESP8266 module in the right boot mode.

Original Article with description, schematics, and usage example : http://www.esp8266-projects.com/2017/05/esp8266-usb-programmer-usbprog.html