Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By gwizz
#8862 Hello, really excited to get my nodeMCU dev board finally!

Haven't done much apart from plug it in to verify it works, and blow me, it hasn't got the nodeMCU firmware on it!!

Anyway - easily rectified - just hold down the flash button for a second whilst booting up - and now it's running the latest lua pre-build.

The board looks and feels really nice, high quality feel and detailed silkscreen - lots of via stiching around, just the whole thing seems high quality - much more so than the large, cheap dev board that's just weird! or the other yellow ESP-12 based one.

Looking forward to getting to know it, good work Zeroday (and colleagues?) :D
By macfisherman
#9019 I have one of these as well. But I find I don't need to hit the flash button to load the firmware. I'm just using the USB port for power from the computer while testing/coding. I do wonder if I need to supply additional power to the module itself. I'm also finding that the module resets itself, but I haven't determined if that is because I written some bad code, nodemcu or the hardware itself.

Where did you get your board from? The seller on ebay I got mine from is sold out now.
By macfisherman
gwizz wrote:Hello, really excited to get my nodeMCU dev board finally!

Haven't done much apart from plug it in to verify it works, and blow me, it hasn't got the nodeMCU firmware on it!!

Anyway - easily rectified - just hold down the flash button for a second whilst booting up - and now it's running the latest lua pre-build.

I have one of these too. However, I found I didn't need to hit the flash button while connected via USB. My board resets a lot, and I'm not sure if it is my code, nodemcu or the module itself. I'm only powering it via USB. I look forward to posts from other folks using this board.