Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Ajay Singh
#66821 Dear All,

My self Ajay from Nepal.

Sir I am using node MCU board with 4 Channel 5V relay (Songle).

Sir, the problem which I am facing is:

1) Relay Chattering &
2) Auto ESP8266(NodeMCU) Reset on Power fluctuation.

Do, I need to place capacitor after Hi-Link PM-01 Module, if yes so please suggest me schematic or Additional battery Battery.

Sir, I am very beginner in Automation, please ignore my mistakes.

(Fritzing Attached)

Thanks
Ajay Singh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Anthony420
#68058 You're overloading the ESP8266 attempting to drive those Opto Isolators directly. Likely that is the cause of the Relay chatter and sucking down the I/O pin may also be the source of your reset problem. Capacitor is not going to help that, you might try a driver transistor between the ESP GPIO and the opto isolators on the Relay module.
Anthony
By Bill Weis
#68483 I am curious what action you took based on the feedback. Did you add a transistor to the GPIOs to drive the relays? I am going down a similar path. I have a ESP8266 12-E NodeMcu development board connected to a similar (4) relay module and I am using GPIO16 and GPIO14 and GPIO13 and GPIO5. My program is set to use Alexa commands and each command turns 1 of 4 relays on for 3 seconds. All works fine, no chatter however last night I discovered if I leave power to the 8266 and the relays, the 8266 seems to shutdown after a few hours. I was not sure if it was going into sleep mode, but perhaps my issue is overdriving the GPIOs.