Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By martinayotte
#67178 The link you've provided is cleary mentioning the following :
However the duty cycle can only be 0, 1 or 2, so basically you can have a 33% or 66% duty cycle.

So, it is a 2 bits PWM, not a 8 bits !
So, 0%/33%/66%/100% ...
To reach 8 bits, that would make 4MHz / 64 = 62KHz ...
By urbanze
martinayotte wrote:The link you've provided is cleary mentioning the following :
However the duty cycle can only be 0, 1 or 2, so basically you can have a 33% or 66% duty cycle.

So, it is a 2 bits PWM, not a 8 bits !
So, 0%/33%/66%/100% ...
To reach 8 bits, that would make 4MHz / 64 = 62KHz ...

yeah, but WHERE is this configurations to make in esp? i try with GPO ^= 1 << PIN and Timer's, but doesn't work. anybody test PWM in non-sdk api reference? i really need to make this :D (just to learning)
By rudy
#67187 Why do you require 1MHz PWM? How would a 2 bit PWM meet your needs? (a stretch calling it PWM)

But my basic question is why do you feel the ESP8266 should be able to do that? Did someone make you promises that it would do anything that you feel it should do?
By schufti
#67188 @urbanze:
this is the most stupid and senseless discussion on this board I came across, for a long time.
"The" arduino has hw timers that are specifically built to support pwm, that the esp does not have. Therefor pwm is implemented in SW what is good enough for most cases.

Why don't you just wander off to the arduino board and complain about "The" arduino not beeing able to communicate via wifi, because you have seen it on this board it has to be possible? If they refer you to the wifi shield, please insist on a software solution because esp doesn't need any additional hw too.