Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By urbanze
Dakota wrote:Thanks a lot. Any help wil be great.
This is my code right know.

https://pastebin.com/Yi2UepfX

The original program is for arduino ... I just change it a bit :)

try to use OS_TIMER_US, i tested and works! find in google how to active OS_TIMER_US, because is default "disable".. if you can't do this, tell me. i help you![/quote][/quote]

you can use 25MHz crystal with special pin function! (if you need). see GPIO FUNCTIONS in google.. i see an tutorial in PORTUGUESE teaching use OS_TIMER_US, go to end of tutorial and see, i try and work. :D
http://portal.vidadesilicio.com.br/soft ... o-esp8266/
By schufti
#67534 no, crystal frequency IS NOT 80MHz.
take a look and see: 26MHz

so what is the 80MHz? --> the cpu clock

how do you get 80MHz from 26MHz ??? not really a multiple --> PLL (cheap) so you will have phase jitter

What quality does the crystal have ??? probably low +/- --> ???ppm --> so the 80MHz will be ???

Temperature stability will be ???

As I wrote, your generated frequency needs to be within a window of several 10Hz +/- around the 77500Hz
stable for at least 2 minutes for the clock to detect one correct packet (usually they take several for security).

Don't get me wrong: I am not saying it is impossible. But without taking into account the real conditions and without necessary measuring equipment I doubt you will make it by just blindly coding along ...

Have fun ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By urbanze
schufti wrote:no, crystal frequency IS NOT 80MHz.

how do you get 80MHz from 26MHz ??? not really a multiple --> PLL (cheap) so you will have phase jitter

What quality does the crystal have ??? probably low +/- --> ???ppm --> so the 80MHz will be ???

As I wrote, your generated frequency needs to be within a window of several 10Hz +/- around the 77500Hz
stable for at least 2 minutes for the clock to detect one correct packet (usually they take several for security).

Don't get me wrong: I am not saying it is impossible. But without taking into account the real conditions and without necessary measuring equipment I doubt you will make it by just blindly coding along ...

Have fun ....

i have one frequencymeter and show 26MHz from pin special function, and 77kHz too.. let's see how ESP work.. i will post images later
By Dakota
#67543 The crystal in my nodemcu says 12 Mhz :?
You are right, without measuring equipment I am lost :-) but it is just for fun and learning.
I'm learning a lot abour timers and interruptions with this proyect.
Well it is easy with a Arduino Uno or Attiny85, it will be fun that ESP8266 won't make it.

Thanks again for your comments, all of them are apreciated.

Get fun.

urbanze wrote:
schufti wrote:no, crystal frequency IS NOT 80MHz.

Have fun ....

i have one frequencymeter and show 26MHz from pin special function, and 77kHz too.. let's see how ESP work.. i will post images later