Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By MrMU
#68240 My garage is located about 25m from my home. (82 feet).
There is a brick wall between the garden 25m open air and the window of my living.

If I put the WEMOS module inside the garage I don't have any signal anymore in my home.
As soon as I get away from the garage where the ESP module is located, the strength is reduced fast.

I have hooked a ducky antenna to the module, but this doesn't seem to make things better.

If I watch several range tests, they are all getting a much better result.

I would think that I could get further with these modules because when I put the module on the attic, there are two concrete floors between the living, and the strength is stronger than the test in the garage.
By MrMU
Ribeiro Santos wrote:Maybe here https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob ... #L169-L179

And if you change the bandwidth?

I've tried to set the RX power in the way described above, but according to the power consumption and tests, the signal was already on its strongest by default.

How can I change the bandwith?
By rudy
I have hooked a ducky antenna to the module, but this doesn't seem to make things better.

Was this on a ESP-07? If so did you disable the onboard antenna?

If not a ESP-07, you can't just add to an existing circuit. If there is an existing antenna then it needs to be disabled if you substitute a new one.
By MrMU
rudy wrote:
If not a ESP-07, you can't just add to an existing circuit. If there is an existing antenna then it needs to be disabled if you substitute a new one.

What do you mean with an existing circuit?