Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By deepankar19910
#68551 I built a PCB ardound Esp8266. the circuit is as below. I am using an FTDI adaptor to upload code to the board. I am able to upload the code to the esp8266. To put the esp in bootload mode i first press switch 2(the led on gpio 0 turns on ) then while holding switch 2 i press switch 1 (the blue led on the esp blinks for once) then i leave the switch2 and then the switch 1 and the led at gpio0 is now faintly lit. Now i upload the sketch using arduino. I get the upload done message. All good. I uploaded i code that blinks the gpio0 LED. It works like charm.
But when i burn any other code that uses wifi capabilities. there is a continuous reset message
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)

wdt reset
load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v6000001c
~ld

Please help. There is no issue due to supply as i have tested with a programable DC powersupply that can deliver upto 5A
By deepankar19910
QuickFix wrote:
deepankar19910 wrote:wdt reset

Your code is probably starving the WiFi watchdog timer; you'll have to include some yields in any time consuming code. :idea:

I tried the same code on adafruit feather huzzah and it works like charm. since both the boards the board on adafruti product as well as the one on my breadboard are same . hence i suspect some other issue.