Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By petl
#68799 A few months ago the user Blackhounter on reddit posted a really nice programmer for the ESP12 with pogo pins for in circuit programming. Since then I ordered a bunch of those boards and I quite like them.

Unfortunately I haven't found this piece anywhere else so I decided to sell the rest of my PCBs with all the parts for more or less what I paid so I can get them off my hands. They cost 9$ each and can be ordered as long as I have PCBs and pogo pins lying around. There is a 10% discount since I think I should be giving back to the community for this design I didn't make: BA15DB83 all credit goes to Blackhounter.

Here's the link for the Tindie product: https://www.tindie.com/products/petl/es ... pogo-pins/

PS: i hope it is OK to link to this thing, if not please let me know and I will delete the post!
By petl
#69097 Unfortunately the programmer was sold out, but it is back in stock now! I hope no one felt left out, but I was surprised by the amount of people buying the thing..
By fettkeewlz
#69160 Interesting!

My DIY solution was to desolder the ESP12 chip of a wemos board.
This is the first attempt but I didnt like the result, usually im not one for breaking and bending but it hit me after that its easier to solder if i bend the female legs 90degrees.

Doesen't fit in the center but that didnt matter for me. No pics on second attempt tough :P

I even managed to program the esp8266 without the need to solder male headers, all I did was stick em in the females and the ESP onto the males, worked without issue, not to recommend for prototyping but for a quick programming solution it is awesome.