Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By RFZ
#70450 Thx, I've never used the RTC memory and haven't thought about it. So RTC memory survives reset via RESET but not power cycling / toggling EN? Good to know ;)

This actually is also an argument to tie a physical reset switch to EN instead of RESET, because you would expect it to reset the whole state of the device... (at least I would)
By RFZ
schufti wrote: (...) sometimes leaves you with the chip drawing 0.6mA instead of only some µA ...

Sometimes? That's not how science works :p
It is not important for my application, I really don't need deep sleep or low power. The reset is only used for reset ;)
However - for further projects - do you have any reference on that? I know that some ESP modules do have a pull-up on RESET on the module itself, so of course this alone will draw ~0.3mA if you pull it down to GND.
By schufti
RFZ wrote: some ESP modules do have a pull-up on RESET on the module itself

this indeed could be an explanation, never looked "under the hood" just recognized different behaviour and swaped module ...