Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By werty37
#71088 Hi

I am using ESP8266 and DWM1000 together for a trilateration project. I am placing the DWM1000 and the ESP8266 in the same plane but their antennas face the opposite direction. I am using a LI PO battery to power the tag.

I am placing the LIPO on the back side of the board and using a JST XH connector to power the board. Do you think it will cause any issues with the ESP8266 since it is below it? If there are any other recommendations or issues, please do recommend.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 23.23.51.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 23.23.24.png

Thanks
S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By werty37
#71108 I am using an fixed voltage LDO (MCP1825S) which regulates the voltage to 3.3v.

Do you have any recommendations for reservoir capacitors? The dwm1000 can consume about 160mA according to the datasheet. The esp will send ranging information to a localisation program through wifi. I am unsure about the power consumption of esp.

I just need to power the tag for couple of hours at the max.

Also do you think keeping the Lipo at the back side of the board would cause any wifi issues with esp?
By schufti
#71116 the esp8266 draws the max. current during rf-calibration.
during standard wifi-tx you can limit the current drawn by setting a lower tx-power.
If you use deep-sleep you can decrease current draw by using "RF_NO_CAL" and only use one RF_CAL cycle if wifi-connect fails.
By btidey
#71121 For battery applications the Torex xc6203 LDO regulators are a good match. In particular, they have a low quiescent current (8uA) so don't impose too much of a drain in deep sleep mode.