Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By allegrojm
#31538 When I first hooked up my esp-01 to an Arduino UNO, AT+CWLAP did not should my AP in the list of wifi networks, but I then did CWJAP="myap_id","myap_password" and it connected. Subsequently my AP shows up in the list. Then you can use the AT commands to show your IP address etc. Hope that might help.
By vandiwa
#31954 I've got the exact same issue. Here's my version :
AT version:0.50.0.0(Sep 18 2015 20:55:38)
SDK version:1.4.0

When I do a direct connect specifying the SSID and password, I can connect no problem, but my AP never shows up in a scan. I have captured probe responses in Wireshark from the AP in question, and there are some different capabilities from the probe responses of ones that I can scan, but I don't know the key to why the ESP rejects these probe responses.
More later...
By gianzanuz
#38527 Hey, I have the same issue, only my AP, which has the strongest signal, does not appear on the list.
The problem occured after upgrated to the new version 0.50.0.0 (Sep 18 2015 20:55:38). The old one 0.21.0.0 was fully functional.
Any solution?