Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By EadF
#11440 I just took a quick look at the sch2.png:

it looks like CH_PD and reset are sharing the same pullup, is that intentional? I've never seen that before, but maybe it works.

Edit: One potential problem could be if a user directly connects the external CH_PD to Vcc, because some guide on the internet says it should be high, and then starts a new forum post:
-"why does the breadboard adapter start to smoke and faintly glow when i press and hold reset?" :)

I recently got my hands on some txb0108 voltage-level translators. Quite nice level shifter that allows us to interface with 1.2V to 5.5V devices.
It has auto direction sensing, but does not support pull-up/pull.downs smaller than 50KOhm.
So maybe the pull-down on GPIO15 should be just that - 50Kohm, what do you think (is 50K too high?)
By mano1979
#11453 EadFr: I believe the CH_PD pin is the chip enable pin. It should be high for the module to work.

Atleast, that is what i read. Am i wrong here?

The txb0108 is nice but for this project, overkill. They are also quite expensive at 4 dollar each (ebay)